Music Video

This week’s assignment was all about social media, getting use to Twitter, Linkedin, facebook, google reader and animoto (video making site).  I really enjoyed this week’s assignments.  I feel pretty confident about the social media scene, but once I got to this assignment I didn’t know there were so many different options out there.

All of my students ask me, “Mrs. Cruz, do you have a twitter account?”  I have never really got into to twitter.  I have made an account and it seems pretty cool, but I feel like it is another thing I will get addicted to.  The Twitterdeck is a cool feature on twitter that lets you look at everything or anybody that you follow.

I actually already have a linkedin account, I think of it as more of a professional facebook (more adult related).  I got started in linkedin by my husband.  He signed up because he knew there were a lot of connections when it comes to jobs.  He told me that I should sign up and see what other options are out there.  I honestly didn’t know there were that many people on linkedin, but there are tons of people I know on there.

When it came to google reader, I had no idea what that was.  I knew that google had a lot of things we could do on there, but this is pretty sweet.  One I first started looking at google reader, I was a little confused.  A lot of the searches I wanted to search for didn’t come up.  Finally, I found the area I needed to enter the search.  I think this is a great thing and could be used all the time once I get more comfortable with it.  I am still trying to figure out how to make my folders public so everyone can see them.  I like how you can focus on topics that you want to keep up with and learn more about!

The biggest challenge that I had with this week’s assignment was the Animoto video.  I think it is going to be pretty easy and it looks like a lot of fun.  The problem that I am coming up with is that I don’t teach a class that has SOLs.  I want to make a video that is useful for my class, but I know it is suppose to be SOL based.  One topic that I am very interested in is Therapeutic Recreation, but once again there aren’t any SOL’s that go with that topic.  I just need to buckle down and pick a topic that I would like to teach that has SOLs.  I will have the video done later this week and will post it.

Resource:

(2012). Social media . (2012). [Print Photo]. Retrieved from http://davemosher.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/social-media-gary-hayes.jpg

Sorry, Comments are closed.